note : 1 sugar pumpkin will yield about 2 cups of puree.
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out the insides, getting the pumpkin as clean as possible. I use a tablespoon to scrape or try an ice cream scoop. Save the seeds to plant or to roast!
- Put pumpkin halves cut side down in a baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Scoop out pumpkin flesh (think giant avocado), let cool.
- Puree using a food mill, food processor or handheld blender.
- Pumpkin puree is now ready to use in your recipes or to freeze!